Looking for Bankruptcy Alternatives?
Consider Debt Settlement with Ast & Schmidt, P.C. in Morris County, New Jersey
Debt settlement is a bankruptcy alternative. It is a process in which a negotiator works with creditors to settle the debt for a lowered amount. Such an arrangement is often favorable when one has too much debt. This is because it enables consumers to reduce the overall amount owed. It also is a legitimate way to help those who are looking for an honest way to repay their debts.
Signs that you may have too much debt include:
- Having a large number of credit cards
- Making only the minimum payments on your credit cards
- Nearing or exceeding the limit on your credit cards
- The inability to calculate how much money you owe creditors
Debt settlement often makes sense in instances where you have:
- High interest rate debts, such as credit card debt
- The ability to borrow at a lower rate
- A steady job with good income streams to demonstrate that you are capable of repaying the loan
- Outside security, such as a car or a home
- Unmanageable business debts
If you feel that you may have too much debt, you should contact a Morris County debt settlement lawyer. He or she can assist you in lowering your monthly payments and eliminating some of your debt. The Morris County bankruptcy attorneys at Ast & Schmidt, P.C. are experienced in assisting clients in the Morristown, Parsippany, Dover, Randolph, East Hanover, Whippany, Chatham, Cedar Knolls and Madison communities with their plans for settling debt. Contact our Morris County debt settlement attorney today for an initial consultation.